Department Of Dermatology
There are two units D1 & D2. D2 under DHS. D1 & D2 units run OP on alternate days.MBBS students’ 4th, 5th & 6th semester; conduct theory classes, clinical case discussion, seminars as per KUHS Curriculum.
- Two OP cubicles
- One procedure room where electrosurgical instrument (hyfrecator), cryosurgery unit and iontophoresis unit are kept
- A minor theatre (common to chest and skin department) where skin biopsies and other minor surgeries are done.
- A skin lab, which functions as a part of central lab.
- One department room.
- Room for laser therapy, phototherapy, faculty and also functions as department library (the department library has 100 books .
- Separate skin ward.
OTHER ROUTINE ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT:-
- Admitting unit conducts the OP from 8 am to 2 p.m.
- Teaching schedule for MBBS students. Clinical case presentation. End posting examination including VIVA. Routine ward rounds.
- Different minor procedures.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENT:-
LABORTORY /DIAGNOSTIC /TREATMENT SERVICES :-
- Skin biopsy
- Q-switched Nd Yag laser for pigmentation.
- Diode Laser for hair removal
- Cryo Therapy
- Chemical Peels.
- Intra Lesional Injection.
- Tap Water Iontophoresis
- Staining procedures
- Scraping for fungus.
- Chemical Cautery
- Chemical peeling
- Minor surgical procedures-Nevus excision, Skin biopsy, Nail surgeries.
- Pattern of skin disease in tertiary care centre- a record based cross sectional study
- Clinicoetiological study of hirsutism
- A retrospective study of dermatopathological concordance in skin biopsy
- Impact of COVID - 19 in chronic and recurrent skin disease patients
- Cutaneous manifestations in health care workers wearing PPE during COVID 19 pandemic
- Cutaneous adverse reactions to covishield vaccination in - A cross sectional descriptive study