- Our department has two wards with total bed strength 60.
- PICU 7 beds and NICU 7 Beds.
- There are three admitting unit in the department P1,P2,P3.P3 non teaching unit run by DHS.
- OPDs are run by all three units in rotation from Monday to Saturday.
- MBBS students are taught as per the schedule KUHSA curriculam with seminars and clinical classes in the forenoon and theory classes in the afternoon.
BRIEF NOTE OF FACILITIES:
OP facility: daily OP, Monday to Saturday 8 AM - 1PM
Casualty facility: provide 24 hr *365 days casualty service with junior doctors & house surgeons supervised by qualified medical officer on duty
IP facility: Dept has two wards with total bed strength 60
Investigation Facilities:- Central Lab –Routine investigation.
Acredited Lab for Covid RTPCR
- Dedicated Autism care centre with adequate staff started in 2019.
- Endocrinology clinic in 2019.
- High risk Newborn follow up clinic in 2018.
- Newborn screening programme including hearing evaluation, pulse oxymetryscreening .
- Community based OP clinic at Cherani by community medicine department in 2020.
LABORTORY /DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES :-
- We do routine investigations like CBC, ESR,CRP, LFT, RFT etc in the Central Labortary.
- Serological investigations like Blood Widal, IGM Leptospirosis, IGM Dengue, Blood Widal,Various Cultures etc.., in the Microbiology Department.
- Special investigations by Ultrasound, CT scans etc.., in the Radiology Department.
- Viral PCR studies to Manipal Hospitals
E .ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES IN DETAILS:-
Following batches of the students are posted in department of paediatrics during various periods as per KUHS guidelines:
6th & 9th semester students are posted in rotation. Super wises seminars of UG students and takes bed side clinics daily and also takes theory classes for UG students on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays afternoons 2-4pm as per KUHS schedule. We also conduct regular theory and clinical examinations including viva vose.
Conducts regular topic discussions, interesting/difficult case presentations and Journal Clubs for Senior and junior residents and also interns on a daily basis.
Major equipments available
|2.||Bubble C PAP||4+0|
|4.||Cold light source||1+0|
|9.||Trans cutaneous bilirubinometer||2+0|
|13.||Electronic weighing machine||2+1|